Dr Paul Newland
Research, Scholarship and Creative PracticeOther ActivitiesResearch CV
Journal Articles:No data
Other Scholarly outputs
- No data provided
- Score 2019 Many much, many much too many new music for dance created in collaboration with choreographer Marina Collard for Transitions Dance Company European tour 2019 including Bonnie Bird Theatre London 5th, 6th, and 7th June 2019.
- Score 2019 difference is everywhere(altered) premiered by Quatuor Bozzini at Turner Sims Concert Hall Southampton 10.03.19 and at Guildhall School of Music Milton Court 12.03.19 recorded for release on NMC in 2021. Guildhall performance recorded and broadcast by BBC on Radio 3’s New Music Show 28.09.19.
- Score 2018 locus18 performance with choreography/dance by Marina Collard plus Somethings Going On film by Tom Paine at Siobhan Davies Studios London 7.30pm 28.04.18
- Score 2018 locus An assembly and Ensemble x.y performance directed by Jack Sheen St John’s Waterloo London 27.04.18 recorded for broadcast on BBC Radio 3 Hear and Now 30.06.2018 with interview with Robert Worby
- Score 2015-18 what this is, is… interdisciplinary collaborative project with Marina Collard (choreographer), Rachel Cherry (photographer), Tony Wadham (film maker), Tom Paine (filmmaker) and Mickie Manyon (lighting designer) for two dancers and large latex cube. First performance Feb 19th 2016 Bonnie Bird Theatre – Arts Council Research and Development funded. Subsequent revised and developed versions Guildhall School of `music and Drama 15.06.218 and Bonnie Bird Theatre Laban Centre 14.11.18
- Score 2017-18 I met Jo Kondo on Kyoubashi new work for solo piano commissioned by Satoko Inoue to celebrate the 70th Birthday of Jo Kondo. First Performance Ryogoku Monten Hall, Ryogoku Tokyo June 2nd 2018
- Score 2017 things that happen again (again) piano trio commissioned with funds from the RVW for Music We’d Like to Hear concert series, first performance Music We'd Like to Hear, Mira Benjamin (violin), Anton Lukoszevieze ('cello), Philip Thomas (piano), St Mary's at the Hill London 14.07.17 Recorded and broadcast on BBC Radio 3s Hear and Now 26.08.17. Second performance SFU Vancouver Canada 21.09.17
- Score 2017 difference is everywhere commissioned by the Wigmore Hall Trust with funds from the Radcliffe Trust for the Elias String Quartet first performance Wigmore Hall 11.05.17.
- Score 2017 slow – locus18 dance work with film projection, choreographer/film Marina Collard, Paul Newland sound/music, first performance Bonnie Bird Theatre Laban 6/7.07.17
- No data provided