Dr Ann van Allen-Russell
Research, Scholarship and Creative PracticeOther ActivitiesResearch CV
Other Scholarly outputs
- Book chapter ‘Not like Pyrates': Borrowing, Copyright and Creativity in the Eighteenth Century' in "Music Borrowing and Copyright Law: A Genre by Genre Analysis (Oxford: Hart, forthcoming 2022)" eds. Enrico Bonadio and Chen Zhu.
- Website ‘Stop Copying My Music!: The Emergence of Musical Copyright in England’.
The Avid Listener (W. W. Norton) <http://www.theavidlistener.com (November 2016).
- Other ‘The Bach and Abel Suites and the Value of Creativity'
Article in preparation for "Bach: Journal of the Riemenschneider Bach Institute".
- Other ‘Handel to Hallé: Denization and Citizenship of Musicians in Britain (1727-1852)’
Article in preparation
- Monograph "The Bach and Abel Suits: Music, Authorship and Creativity"
Monograph in progress
- Conference 'Imaginative Territory: J. C. Bach, C. F. Abel and the rise of intellectual property'
• Revised version, British Society of Eighteenth-Century Studies (Session: The Value of books and the Values of Creativity) (6-8 January 2016, St. Hugh’s College, Oxford University)
• American Musicological Society Annual Meeting (6-9 November 2014, Milwaukee, Wisconsin).
- Conference ‘Musical Borrowing in the Eighteenth Century: Efficiency, Education & Homage’
• Invited paper, Law and Norms of Music Borrowing: A cross-Atlantic and Cross-disciplinary symposium of Music copyright Law in Context (13 July 2015, School of Law, University of Birmingham)
- Conference ‘A Total Revolution in our Musical tastes: J. C. Bach’s orchestral style and the ‘re’-shaping of English musical taste’
• Revised version, American Society of Eighteenth-Century Studies Annual Conference, (22-24 March 2012, San Antonio, Texas)
• North American British Music Studies Association Biannual Conference (29 July -2 August 2011, Des Moines, Iowa)
- Conference Music Copyright in 18-century England’
• Invited paper, Research Seminar (23 November 2016, Liverpool Hope University)
- Conference 'Cultural Economics and Music Business: The Bach-Abel Subscription Concerts, 1773-1775'
• North American British Music Studies Association Biannual Conference (21-26 July) 2020
• Revised version: American Musicological Society Annual Meeting (November 2020]